[Wikipedia-l] school articles : enough

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 08:40:06 UTC 2007

Ray Saintonge schreef:
> For now I don't think there is enough interest in companies for us to
> worry about the floodgates.  Maybe someone should tell the little boy
> with his finger in the dyke that there is no water on the other side. ;-)
>
> Ec
Hoi,
Contrary to popular believe, when a dyke is saturated with water and
water starts to seep out, the worst thing you can do is put your finger
in it. The thing to do would be to put your hand flat on where it starts
to flow. However this will not work for long.

You may be amused to know that because so many Americans came to the
Netherlands to learn about this story, they created a statue to
commemorate this fictional event .. :)

Thanks,
    GerardM