[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

Walter van Kalken walter at vankalken.net
Tue Jan 9 07:15:37 UTC 2007

The whole problem with the deletion process. Not just on the English
wikipedia, is that people who do not know anything about the subject get
to judge. So many times you will see reasonings like ... I do not know
about it so it isn't notable ... . I know it is impossible, but ideally
only people with knowledge about the subjectarea(s) that the articles
topic would fall under would be the ones who should judge these things.
Not everybody. But unfortunately this will never be the case.

Waerth