[Wikipedia-l] Entries for deletion.... issues from the Third World

J.L.W.S. The Special One hildanknight at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 08:38:37 UTC 2007

While working on articles about Singaporean movies, I've encountered a
similar problem: difficulty finding references due to systemic bias.

Some seem to have the impression that Singaporean = non-notable. I've
seen articles on many Singaporean topics, which no Singaporean would
contest the notability of, get nominated for deletion, under the claim
of non-notability.

That Wikipedia suffers from systemic bias is not surprising.

Written with passion,
J.L.W.S. The Special One