[Wikipedia-l] Entries getting delete...

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 03:08:46 UTC 2007

The main issue here is the speedy deletion of articles for lack of
notability, not just speedy in general. If someone writes an attack
page, I'm not sure we have any obligation to them, but if they write a
good page that we want to delete because we don't think it's notable
enough, then I feel we do have some level of obligation to them.

Mark

On 12/04/07, Erica <fangaili at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Ok, here's my suggestions:
> >
> > In cases where tagging may result in an article, or significant portions of
> > it, being removed for reasons other than vandalism or similar, the tagger
> > must:
> >
> > 1) place a note on the editor's talk page saying the article has been tagged
>
> This is often done, but not always. I'll admit to not notifying
> everyone whose articles I have speedy deleted. But to be honest, this
> would slow things down to a ridiculous extent. I do not consider this
> laziness. I usually put links to CSD criteria in my deletion
> summaries, and I have a big wide open door on my userpage saying "if
> you object to a deletion, message me". I will go to great lengths to
> explain a deletion. And I have no problem with
> undeleting/userfying/whatever is necessary.
>
> > 2) place a note (NOT templated) on the article talk page explaining what the
> > problem is. "failed notability" is not good enough
> >
> > Any tags placed that fail to meet these can be summarily deleted. If they
> > are not removed, at the admin's leisure, they are _not_actionable_ until
> > someone DOES meet these criterion or does remove them. Additionally,
> > incorrect tags, prods on NPOV or notability for instance, should be
> > summarily removed. These would fix the vast majority of cases I come across.
> >
> > Maury
>
> Prods should always have the creator notified. I don't see how a note
> on the talk page could help anything--the prod tag should already
> include a deletion rationale. I see what you're saying though, that a
> prod rationale of "POV article" would not make sense to a Wikipedia
> newbie. What is the solution? Link to [[WP:NPOV]]? Ask editors to
> write in more generic language? Wikipedia policies do not always break
> down into easily-digestible phrases. This is an unfortunate reality.
>
> I agree that occasionally a worthy subject will get deleted. But I
> also think that admins do the best they can, and if a subject is truly
> noteworthy its article will be recreated. I try to be cautious with
> what I delete (though I admit that I have and do make mistakes, but
> again that is what the "open door" is for). We should not add any
> layers to the speedy deletion process. So much rubbish is created
> every day and there must be a fast way of getting rid of it.
>
> Erica

Refije dirije lanmè yo paske nou posede pwòp bato.