[Wikipedia-l] Entries getting delete...

The Cunctator cunctator at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:38:06 UTC 2007

On 4/12/07, Erica <fangaili at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 4/12/07, Maury Markowitz <maury_markowitz at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > >Honestly, it's not the admin's job to google everything.
> >
> > Think of the admins! Will someone please think of the admins?!
> >
> > >If the article creator doesn't specify a notiablity assertion, it's an
> A7
> > >candidate.
> >
> > I am Bender, please insert girder.
> >
> > Maury
> >

> You're not being very constructive here. Was that supposed to be a
> joke? sarcasm? Please explain.

It's a sardonic comment on the robotic idiocy of bureaucratic policies.

Through the magic of google:

*Morgan:* No. You see, a bureaucrat of my rank isn't supposed to fraternise.

*Bender:* That's what makes it so juicy. It's the forbidden fruit angle *
everybody* loves. First I'll say "You'll never guess who saw Fry and Morgan
doing it," and they'll say "Who, Bender? Who?" and I'll say "It was lovable
... [His voice begins to slow down.] ... old Bender."

[Morgan has put something in the back of his neck. A 3.5" disk comes out of
the back of his head and she takes it.]

*Fry:* Hey, what did you do to him?

*Morgan:* I downloaded his brain. Everything that is Bender is right here.
His mind, his memories, his in-your-face interface.

*Bender:* (mechanical voice) I am Bender. Please insert girder.

*Fry:* But, but ... Bender need brain ... for ... smart making. [Morgan puts
the disk in a red tube and sends it away.] What did you do now? Stop doing
things!

*Morgan:* I sent the disk to be filed at the Central Bureaucracy. I did what
I had to do, Fry; He was a bad robot.

*Fry:* No, he was a bad *friend*. I want him back right now.

*Morgan:* Then you should have filed a request 20 years ago.

[Fry growls.]

*Fry:* I'm sick of you and your bureaucracy!

[He slides everything off his desk. Morgan grins.]

*Morgan:* Dirty boy! Dirty boy!

[She dives on him.]