[Wikipedia-l] Please check [[MediaWiki:Sitenotice]] on your project

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 8 10:20:06 UTC 2006

Hello all,
now all active members of Wikimedia projects are invited to vote in
the 2006 Election to the Board of Trustees of the Wikimedia
Foundation. After one week from the beginning, we have over 1,000
votes. Thank you for your interest!

On most projects of the Wikimedia Foundation, it is advertised at the
top of website. On some projects, it hasn't yet. According my
presumption 8-10% projects hasn't recognized now they are invited to
give voices (see below).

Hence, local sysops are highly expected to ensure their wiki to be
informed this Election, and if not yet, please modify
[[MediaWiki:Sitenotice]] and put a brief notice about it. If you are
not a sysop but visit such a project frequently, please let the local
sysops know about that.

You may want to render meta version or other projects'.
Here are some examples you can reuse:

En:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
Fr:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
Es:
http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
Ru:
http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
Id:
http://id.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice
Zh:
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice

I found by chance  some projects not informed yet, and checked some
projects including
- 25 largest Wikipedias +1 I visited by chance; 3 Wikipedias lacked information
-  5 large Wiktionaries; all had sitenotice
- 3 relatively large Wikinews; all had sitenotice

3/31 = 10% projects had no news about Election; I feel unease with
this result.  One of the reasons would be that they optimized the
sitenotice for other purposes. In some projects, it was just only the
former news (like Wikimania scholarship) remained. Anyway, there would
be terra incognita from several reasons, which all of us are invited
to develop to assure the integrity of our global community.

--
Kizu Naoko
Wikimedia Election Committee, 2006