[Wikipedia-l] Central bibliography

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 15:31:22 UTC 2006

Hoi,
There are several projects that want to achieve similar aims.
Wikiauthors, Wikicat are two of them. The initial approach of these two
is different; one starts of with scientific publications and wants to
start with disambiguation of authors the other wants to start with
bibliographic information from the position of librarians. The cool
thing is, that the people representing these two approaches are talking
and, that it is feasible to merge many if not all of the ideas for both
projects. Both projects have people behind them to make this work,
combined the result will provide us with a central bibliography that is
based on Wikidata functionality.

There are two things to understand; first the database should be usable
for all projects and it needs to be usable in many languages and second
after having set up such a project it still needs integration in the
Wikipedia and other projects.

Thanks,
    GerardM