[Wikipedia-l] Central bibliography

Francis Tyers spectre at ivixor.net
Sun Sep 3 16:19:32 UTC 2006

In fact, this brings up an interesting point, having <book>
and <article> for specifics (they tend to be long), and then
having <ref> for miscellaneous stuff.

I completely agree that a centralised repository of references/
citations would be desirable, not only would we be able to see
which books are used where, but possibly (if people think it
wise) to see who has which books/articles.

For example, I have many journal articles that I have photocopied
from the British Library (my department paid for it) that I would
be happy to look up information in for people. They can't be
distributed because of copyright reasons, but if someone comes along,
sees that I've cited it and asks me a question about the paper, I
would have no problem in looking it up etc.

Fran