[Wikipedia-l] Re: No more new Wikipedias !

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Mon Sep 26 16:26:23 UTC 2005

Traroth wrote:
> That you don't want to make the work to create new
> wikipedias is something I can understand, but why
> destroy existing one ? 'Beats me !
> What I cannot understand is : except the workload
> problem, where is exactly the problem with new
> languages ? Do you want to say which language people
> have to speak ? Or what ?

I think a possible problem might be that a small language wiki gets a
lot of spam and maybe copyright violations. Enduring copyright
violations are a problem, and if there is only one person that knows the
language, it's difficult to control. But if anyone has a better answer,
I'll be happy to hear.

regards,
Gerrit.

P.S.
In general it is better appreciated if you write your message below the
other person's, instead of top-posting like you do, because it's easier
to read.

--
Temperature in Luleå, Norrbotten, Sweden:
| Current temperature   05-09-26 18:19:54   11.9 degrees Celsius ( 53.5F) |