[Wikipedia-l] Re: Copyright violations at download.wikimedia.org

Tony Sidaway minorityreport at bluebottle.com
Tue May 31 18:14:35 UTC 2005

On copyvios, I was surprised today to find that someone had removed the
article J. C. Penney on English Wikipedia as a copyvio.  The article was
not a copyvio from September, 2003 until March of this year, when someone
pasted in a big screed from an external site.  Instead of just reverting
the screed, someone deleted the whole article as a copyvio.  This strikes
me as very bad practice.  I only noticed this because someone else started
a new article, and I thought it incredible that there had not already been
such an article.