[Wikipedia-l] Re: Validation feature update

Alex Regh Alex.Here at gmx.net
Sun May 22 11:45:03 UTC 2005

Hi!

On Sat, 21 May 2005 17:23:02 +0200, Anthere wrote:

>>> Would a page of all ratings from a specific *user* be of general
>>> interest? I think someone suggested it, but...
>
>Why do you think it could be beneficial to store/know this ?

I'd want to see that, because I edit a lot of the sex/gender related articles,
who regularly see "contributions" based on personal POVs, like "homosexuality
is bad/sinfull/unhealthy/unnatural/unbiblical/younameit". Given that such
contributors usually don't like our articles on these subjects very much, the
articles would probably see lots of bad rating based on these POVs. It would
simply be useful to see whether a user who gave for example [[homosexuality]]
a bad rating has also given, for example, [[gay]], [[lesbian]],
[[transgender]], [[Stonewall riots]] and so forth bad ratings or not. The
former might somehow invalidate his vote in the mind of the reader.

Alex
--
If you don't go over the top,
you can't see what's on the other side.