[Wikipedia-l] Validation feature update

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Sat May 21 15:27:35 UTC 2005

Magnus Manske (magnus.manske at web.de) [050522 00:17]:

> I have treated the "user anonymity problem" by showing the user IDs
> rather than their names. So, in its current state, it *is* possible to
> find the user who did the rating, but it requires actual work :-)
> Would a page of all ratings from a specific *user* be of general
> interest? I think someone suggested it, but...

Edits are public, votes in polls are public, votes for admins are public,
comments are public, etc., etc. Rating is editorial work for the project; I
see no reason it should *not* have names attached. This will also help spot
antisocial or spamming raters, since rating only requires creating a login.

- d.