[Wikipedia-l] Interwiki redirects disabled

Arwel Parry arwel at cartref.demon.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 14:59:43 UTC 2005

Tim Starling wrote:

>Due to popular demand (I'm told consensus), I've disabled interwiki
>redirects on all projects. Also, redirects to special pages are
>disabled, which use the same mechanism and so are just as hard to revert.
>
>-- Tim Starling

Just in time! We had a massive page-move vandal attack on cy:wikipedia
between 0203 and 0232 UTC this morning, when users cy:Defnyddiwr:SPUI
and cy:Defnyddiwr:OldakQuill managed to screw up a considerable number
of pages - moving them, then deleting and recreating original  page
names with redirects to en:Image:Autofellatio_2.jpg

--
Arwel Parry
http://www.cartref.demon.co.uk/