[Wikipedia-l] Re:WikiIndex (idea)

Craig Franklin craig at halo-17.net
Sun Mar 20 02:05:30 UTC 2005

You know, the more I hear about this idea, the more I enjoy it.  Personally,
I don't really see the point of the categories system - you get everything
mixed together with no context that way, and I don't see any way it can be
made to work so that you can do a search for multiple keywords, like
"Jewish", "Authors", "Died 1945", "Females".  Heck, I imagine that if you
tried to put a category of any of those together, some well-meaning person
would probably delete them anyway, claiming they weren't specific enough.

The only thing is that it should be kept as simple as possible, some of the
proposals I see are too complicated for "ordinary" users to understand.  We
shouldn't require that a user be familiar with complex metadata tagging
schemes just to write articles - even if those schemes are the widely
adopted standards on the Internet at large.

Regards,
- Craig Franklin

Craig Franklin
PO Box 764