[Wikipedia-l] Saterlandic Frisian Wikipedia

Wouter Steenbeek musiqolog at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 6 12:41:41 UTC 2005

Thank you for your support, Mark, and for your suggestion. I will use the
test page meta/...../Fräisk rather than Friisk, however: "Friisk" refers to
Insular North Frisian, which actually has so many dialects for so few
speakers that it would be a hell of a job to start a wiki in ;-). Anyway, I
am unfamiliar on the area of creating new wikis, so thanks again!

Concerning the West Slavonic languages, I don't support the view that they
form one language; I see them as seperate languages and I (try to) learn
them as seperate languages. I intentionally avoid the perhaps more
convenient example of Serbo-Croatian (Serbian, Croatian, Bosniak,
Macedonian) because I wouldn't venture on such thin ice and risk an e-mail
war.

Wouter