[Wikipedia-l] no: or nb: (again)

Andre Engels andreengels at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 14:49:30 UTC 2005

I got the following message on my (Dutch) userpage:

The Norwegian Wikipedia uses no: as its interwiki code. Until we have
decided to do otherwise, please respect our choice of domain and
interwiki name.

Also, note that no: is not the "bokmål Wikipedia", as bokmål is only
one spelling standard of Standard Norwegian, which also includes
riksmål (both bokmål and riksmål are major spelling standards, the
latter being used e.g. by the most significant Norwegian newspaper
(Aftenposten). Wolfram 2 mrt 2005 15:34 (CET)

So now I have (http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikipedia-l/2005-February/037750.html)
someone saying it would be best to always use nb: and (above) someone
saying it would be best to always use no:. Then I have people at nn:
who really don't want it to be called no: at THEIR wiki. Could someone
please tell me who I am to listen to? By whom and where is the
decision made in a case like this?

Andre Engels