[Wikipedia-l] addind new language into wikipedia

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 08:57:43 UTC 2005

...anyhow I would like to add that wanting to avoid possible legal
problems is indeed a motivator in many situations; also that in most
cases where there is a translated form of the name Wikipedia, that
translation is not trademarked (for example, the Armenian name).

Also, I don't know if you realise this but Wikipedia is really a very
generic name and I don't think we should be allowed to hog it as we
do.

A cheeseburger is a hamburger with cheese. A Wikipedia is an
encyclopaedia using wikiwiki software... well not really, it only
means a specific one (!). That just doesn't make sense - Wikipedia is
a very generic name.

Mark