[Wikipedia-l] NSM88, deletion of user page image, personal attacks

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Feb 17 17:52:06 UTC 2005

NSK wrote:

>On Thursday 17 February 2005 11:06, Jack Lutz wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>I understand user NSM88 had at one time an image of himself dressed in some
>>kind of Nazi or neo-Nazi uniform displayed on his user page, and that it
>>was deleted. Two issues stemming from that: deletion justification, and
>>personal attacks by admins.
>>

>The administrators were right to delete it. Neo-Nazis will not be tolerated in
>Wikipedia.

A distinction still needs to be made between what is in an article, and
what is in a user page.  Neo-Nazi propaganda obviously has no role in
most articles.  If someone feels that he best describes himself by
appearing in a Neo-Nazi uniform he succeeds in telling a lot about
himself.  There is a fundamental contradiction when you try to suppress
Neo-Nazis by emulating their behaviour.

Ec