[Wikipedia-l] NSM88, deletion of user page image, personal attacks

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Thu Feb 17 12:33:43 UTC 2005

Fred Bauder (fredbaud at ctelco.net) [050217 23:28]:

> As our policy is currently written, running off neo-nazis or Stalinist (or
> Trotskyist or Maoist) revolutionaries is not permitted. Nor is exclusion of
> open advocates of Islamic (or Zionist) terrorism. In my opinion we should
> change that policy and permit exclusion of open advocates of totalitarian
> ideologies and terrorism.

I'm not sure we actually *need* this as yet. The Wikipedia immune system
appears to be working fine from here.

> The actions you describe are not acceptable behavior from Wikipedia
> administrators.

The blocks were seen as unfair and promptly undone by other admins, which
demonstrates to the original blockers that their reason was seen as
inadequate. Though my block (for being a trolling account with no good
edits - I am entirely unconvinced that User:NSM88 has anything to do with
the personit purports to be operated by) stuck, until being unblocked
yesterday by Snowspinner as it was clogging an AOL proxy. (The way to get
around that one, as I understand it, is to undo the IP number block but
leave the username blocked.)

Admins not sure about whether something should be blocked should ask on
[[WP:AN]], which is excellent for sanity checking of janitorial decisions.

- d.