[Wikipedia-l] Re: Sanger's memoirs

Phil Sandifer sandifer at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 20 04:37:44 UTC 2005

I don't know why Jimbo would do that, Larry. But I do know that Jimbo
has been putting a tremendous amount of work into this community and
this project. I know that h e's been active from a level ranging from
the broad fundraising level to an astonishing level of specificity as
he deals with individual problems. I know he's been fast to respond to
queries, reasonable, judicious, and nothing but respectful.

I also know that the only time I see your name of late is attached to
another screed about why the project you abandoned is doomed.
Curiously, it seems to keep climbing in the Alexa rankings while you
claim that. Equally curiously, it took you a few years yourself to
change from leaving because you weren't getting paid anymore to leaving
because of a poisonous social atmosphere.

My point here being that, all things being equal, when it comes to
Jimbo's word against yours, I'm going to go with Jimbo. And when it
comes to taking seriously critiques of the project, I'm going to go
with people who are involved in it, instead of capitalizing on their
past involvement to hit the frontpage of the geek news sites.

Now go take your drama queening somewhere else. We're busy with this
project. You may remember it. It's called Wikipedia.

-Snowspinner