[Wikipedia-l] Idea for a new Wikipedia

David 'DJ' Hedley spyders at btinternet.com
Sat Apr 16 18:10:47 UTC 2005

> >http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposals_for_new_projects#Wikikids
> >
> >This idea comes up regularly every three weeks, on the german mailing
> >list, addressed to the german info team, on meta, or wherever else.
> >
> >Proposing projects is fine - are you actually willing to work on it and
> >help to build it? How much experience do you have with children and
wikis?

> >greetings,
> >elian
>
> Yes I'm willing to work on it much time i have definitely for the next 4
Months!

> What do you mean with experience with children? Me self I'm only 16 years
old and I have done a school projekt for one year every week 2 hours in a
kindergarten!

> Wiki exoerince i have with the German Wikipedia and the Wiki of a Open
source Application with a own Wiki (own Server) I have only a verry littel
experience!

> pentiumforever

You would think that, being 16, you'd oppose an '8 to 16' project. 16 year
olds are capable of using Wikipedia. A, lets say, 7-12 years old based
project is much more efficient.