[Wikipedia-l] Re: Encarta goes wiki - sort of...

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Thu Apr 14 15:41:20 UTC 2005

> Wikipedia is an increasingly hostile environment. Don't dismiss
> alternate venues because the wave is cresting on wikipedia.

For me, the important question is: how do we prevent Wikipedia from
becoming an "increasingly hostile environment".

My own view is that we should trust the ArbCom to rid us more quickly of
poisonous personalities.  Of course this is
non-trivial, etc.  But we really do put up with an astounding amount of
absurd behavior in the name of openness.

--Jimbo