[Wikipedia-l] Conflict between two Wikipedias

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 16:56:05 UTC 2005

We had the similar situation with Serbo-Croatian standard language
(divided into Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian standard). We solved that
with separation of Wikipedias.

However, I think that Wikipedias are (standard) language-based, not
national-based (in general, I am sure that we can find some
national-based Wikipedia). So, solution is (as I see) very simple:

1. Moldavians who think that their language is Romanian should write
into Romanian Wikipedia (only in Latin alphabet).

2. Moldavians who think that their language is Moldavian should write
into Moldavian Wikipedia. Also, those Moldavians can implement Chinese
(and future Serbian) solution for them: they will have tabs (where
"edit", "dicsussion" and "history" tabs are) where they can choose
script. Also, they would have possibility to choose their interface
(Cyrillic or Latin).

Also, note that content on Serbian, Croatian and Bosnian Wikipedia can
be treated as "duplicated content".