[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia Foundation Internal Radio System (Re: Foundation news)

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sun Apr 10 14:07:38 UTC 2005

Anthere schreef:

> The announcement list was just set up very recently (2 weeks I think),
> so is still in setting up stage (but please register).

Do you mean this list?

It is created in November 2002 whiteout success.

A idea for project wide communication;

Wikimedia Foundation Internal Radio System

The idea is to make a short internal news journal about stuff related to
Wikimedia and her projects.

I think whit a audio "newsletter" you will get a bigger audience. Users
will also quicker get involved I think.

Not a real internet radio. Only one "program" of a couple of minutes
every week. That is important, that there is always on a fix date a new
version. If not it will be dead very soon.

And the broadcast is only the posting of a url to the Ogg Vorbis file.
The can be done on the Foundation-l list and the Wiki's.

To start it could be a "Word of the Chief".  Every week a short voice
message from Jimbo about what he is doing this week and past week
regarding Wikimedia. If it successful there can be also some
intervention done by people form the different projects to tell about
news form there wiki. Or a message form a developer about how the
hosting situation is doing and changes to the software. That type of stuff.

But to start a very small and basic message from Jimbo. Like you would
say something in a voice mailbox. Nothing fancy.

Walter