[Wikipedia-l] Wikimedia projects in Papiamentu en Sranang Tongo

Mark Williamson node.ue at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 16:29:58 UTC 2005

On Mar 31, 2005 9:39 PM, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> Mark Williamson wrote:
>
> >Official status? I didn't say anything about that. And AFAIK only
> >Dutch is official.
> >

> Ever been in Surinam? Ever lived there? Ever gone to school there? Ever
> seen that part of the curicullum is Sranang?

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suriname http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surinam

Native-language curricula don't nessecarily equal official status.

For example, there have been at times native-language instruction
programs in Grenada for Grenadan Creole English, but that is
definitely NOT an official language of Grenada.

Mark