[Wikipedia-l] Autofellatio

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Fri Apr 1 04:41:15 UTC 2005

Jimmy (Jimbo) Wales wrote:

>Andre wrote:
>

>>A policy that says that we will exclude the same on all languages,
>>says that we don't trust the Wikipedias to make their own choices.
>>

>I think that's very well said.

I don't see how this is a good policy.  By happy accident of languages,
we have no US-specific Wikipedia, in which Americans get to decide how
their Wikipedia is going to look---they have to share their English
Wikipedia with the opinions of all other English speakers on the planet
who choose to participate.  Some languages aren't blessed with as
diverse a population of speakers, but this is no excuse for making
decisions that don't take into account the opinions of the rest of the
world.

-Mark