[Wikipedia-l] wikipedia in China

Christopher Mahan chris_mahan at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 17:10:45 UTC 2004

> ...Wikipedia is a threat to closed
> information, particularly that kind of closed information that
> governments often dislike: information that undercuts assertions
> that
> everything is on track.

Yes, if every other article is about failure of this and breakdown of
that, with Falung and Commies and Free Tibet all over the place, I
would shut it down too.

I want to see articles about increased privatisation, efforts the
government makes in building health, telecom, and transportation
infrastructure. I want to see articles about economic growth in
Shanghai, about schools in remote locations, about the growing
chinese auto assembly and manufacturing capabilities.

These things are happening in China. Not including them in and of
itself is admitting western-bias, which, you are right, the Chinese
authorities don't look kindly upon.

=====
Chris Mahan
818.943.1850 cell