[Wikipedia-l] Re: Gothic Wikipedia--a compromise position

daniwo59 at aol.com daniwo59 at aol.com
Sun Sep 19 13:38:20 UTC 2004

Tired as I am of receiving emails about Gothic (it seems to me that I have
more emails about the language than there are speakers), I want to suggest a
compromise.

Rather than create a Gothic Wikipedia, we start with a Gothic Wiktionary.
This has potential to be a valuable resource for researchers. It could be
multilingual, translating Gothic words into English, French, German, Spanish, and any
other languages. Then, if the Gothic Wiktionary takes off (say 10,000 words
and phrases), we can revisit the question of creating a Gothic Wikipedia.

Danny