[Wikipedia-l] Huge misunderstanding which arose from miscommunication (was [Wikispecies] Not a fork!)

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 16 04:40:25 UTC 2004

--- Lars Aronsson <lars at aronsson.se> wrote:
> I think that level is fine for Wikipedia.  A geology project would
> have to go into much more detail, and structure the facts in a more
> systematic way.

I also plan to create Wikipedia articles on each formation once I find a good
source for that. At that point, there really isn't much more to say so I don't
know what a Wikigeology project would cover that could not be naturally covered
in Wikipedia.

Although a spatial database showing the extent, thickness, and composition of
each formation at every studied point and the relationships between formations
would be most useful....

> It would be fine, however, to doubt the usefulness of
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AF107

Well that's a stub so of course there could be doubts about its usefulness.

-- mav