[Wikipedia-l] The Board -> Mav's disgust

John Lee johnleemk at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 12:37:44 UTC 2004

It was just an example. I was citing the English Wikipedia as an example
because I frequent it the most, but my point was, why was such a useful
change not mentioned anywhere on any Wikipedia? (I didn't even ask for
the discussions to occur on any particular language's Wikipedia - that
was putting words in my mouth.) Wouldn't announcing it make changes go
more smoothly? I never implied this should be discussed on any
Wikipedia. Note that the English Community Portal often links to meta
discussions. If the change is as useful (or not) as it is, it should
have at least been linked to on every Wikipedia so that people could
have a chance to weigh in at meta, or at least be informed.

As for clandestine activities, that was another, well, I think you can
only call it strawmanning. I never mentioned their names - I think
highly of Jimbo and Angela (I don't know Anthere well enough). It's just
rather odd and a bit annoying that the majority of editors who could and
would benefit from this still aren't informed, because they don't
subscribe to the mailing list.