[Wikipedia-l] Re: One Chinese Wikipedia

yuanml yuanml at pku.org.cn
Sun Sep 12 08:06:20 UTC 2004

Some explanation on redirect, in fact Vina has mentioned it:

"the most recent decision is to reduce duplicate articles in Chinese wiki
where the tranditional and simplified version differs in charset only."

We took vote for that, and current policy is the one most supported.
We take the policy in order to reduce the complexity for future trad-simp conversion.
Some traditional articles was redirects to simplified articles,
in the meantime some simplified articles was redirects to traditional articles also.
traditional articles and simplified articles are essentially equal in this case.
But the number of the two kind redirection is different,
because of the SC users is more than TC users.