[Wikipedia-l] Re: no or nb for Bokmal, or time to move to ISO 639-3?

ilooy ilooy.gaon at gmail.com
Sat Nov 13 15:58:19 UTC 2004

Maybe this is a silly thought...
But couldn't both forms of the language coexist
as in a "samnorsk" implementation of the language
at least in Wikipedia?

The differences between Nynorsk and Bokmal seem
not too different from Mexican, Argentine and Central
Spanish forms of Castilian. Also when considering
Brazilian and European forms of Portuguese the
difference seems greater in pronunciation and style
than that experienced between Nynorsk and Bookmal
at least in my understanding of the situation.

So why couldn't there be a "Samnorsk" Coexistence
between the Norwegian flavors of the language of
Norway... I know the political issues involved may be
too much for a simple discussion of the linguistic
problems involved, but couldn't a Norwegian wikipedia
take as an example the Spanish and Portuguese wikis?

With naive regards,
Jay B.