[Wikipedia-l] Re: An honorable compromise and no: or nb: for Bokm?l?

Peter Gervai grin at tolna.net
Fri Nov 12 11:23:55 UTC 2004

I am not a part of the problem either, and maybe I don't get all the points.

There are countries with more than one official language, and it seems to be
the case in Norwegia.

Is there "switzer" wikipedia for switzerland, which would use mixed german,
french and italian articles? I don't think there should be one.

If there would be a "Norwegian language" it would be right to have a
wikipedia for it. Reading the infos (mainly from [[norwegian language]]) it
seems that there is no such thing. There are languages used in Norwegia,
Nyorsk and Bokma~l and whatever, so they should have their own Wikipedia,
since they're different enough and official enough.

The "norwegian" wikipedia should cease to exist, and should be probably
replaced by a single page showing neat links to the respective languages
used in norwegia. Interlanguage links should be updated from no: to the
respective languages, and articles moved too, fixed or probably both.

Naturally I only tried to use logic and not emotions (it seems to be the
main driving force of this heated debate).

And usual general disclaimer apply: I may be wrong and clueless. Definitely
nosy.

Peter
[[user:grin]]