[Wikipedia-l] Re: An honorable compromise and no: or nb: for Bokmål?

Ulf Lunde ulf.lunde at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 13:48:37 UTC 2004

> PS. i don't know why you wanted this debate in english, you ignore the
> english speaking when they try to aproch the matter, and my english is
> crappy

I have explained my views in Norwegian in the discussions on no: and on nn:,
which I think are both a more suitable language and more suitable places to
*debate* these issues than this mailing list (where many of the recipients
probably couldn't care less about Norwegian language issues) is.  I have not
intentionally ignored any approaches from English speakers.  In fact, I think
that I already have written more than my share of replies in this thread, and
I feel that the debate has now become very much out of place in this forum.

This mailing list uses only English (as far as I can tell), so I had to
write *the request* in English.  Ideally, the entire debate should be
held elsewehere, and only the *conclusions* of the Norwegian debate
should reach this level.

Those who feel that more debate is needed, are still welcome to join
the discussions on the Wikipedia discussion pages, even if they are
not able to write in Norwegian!  Or they can start a discussion about
new solution proposals (and their merits) somewhere else, e.g. in the
Metawiki, and just send this list a link.

One current discussion:
 http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Vannposten#Bokm.C3.A5l_og_nynorsk_wikipedia
Some earlier discussions:
 http://nn.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia-diskusjon:Wikipedia_p%C3%A5_bokm%C3%A5l