[Wikipedia-l] Galleries on Wikipedia vs. galleries on Wikimedia Commons

Gerrit gerrit at nl.linux.org
Tue Nov 9 22:25:39 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller wrote:
> Now that the Wikimedia Commons is being widely used as a central image
> archive - if you haven't already, check out http://commons.wikimedia.org/
> - we are facing the question again whether we want to store image
> galleries in Wikipedia. There currently are a few, e.g.:

Even if it does include a significant amount of encyclopedic content, it
should be on Wikicommons. Image galeries reside on commons: period. Fair
use images should be all out in the long term anyway.

regards,
Gerrit.

--
Weather in Twenthe, Netherlands 09/11 22:55:
	4.0°C   wind 3.6 m/s NNW (57 m above NAP)
    -Dwight David Eisenhower, January 17, 1961