AW: [Wikipedia-l] Locking small wikis

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Sat Nov 6 15:25:48 UTC 2004

Hi,

I support locking all wikis in the list made by Tim S.

Also all wikis with less than 5 users and less than 50 articles should be
checked, even where there was some activity (say less than 100 edits in the
last 2 months). Some of them might be squatted or spammed.

Le Saturday 6 November 2004 14:58, André Müller a écrit :
> Hope this doesn't seem like a dumb question... Does locking the small
> Wikis mean that no one can access them at all until there is a request
> in reopening it again? Or is it just that no one will be able to edit or
> create entries anymore? OR is it that *only* logged in users are able to
> edit/create the articles in it?
>
> The latter seems like a good solution to me, if this is possible.

This isn't really a solution, as spammers and squatters (Zazaki, f.e.) don't
hesitate to log in.

> - André

Yann
--