[Wikipedia-l] Klingon Wikipedia

Lars Aronsson lars at aronsson.se
Sat May 29 19:23:09 UTC 2004

Erik Moeller wrote:
> However, given that all notable arguments have already been exchanged, I
> think the best way to go about this is to simply start a vote on Meta on
> whether we want a Klingon Wikipedia. I suggest you do it.

There was never a vote on Meta on whether to start a Wikipedia in
German, Polish, Swedish or Norwegian.  They were just started, and
then it turned out that they attracted volunteers.  I fail to see the
harm in starting a Klingon Wikipedia.  If it fails to attract
volunteers, it is no worse than a Wikipedia in Latvian (96 articles)
or Volapuk (44 articles) that also fail to attract volunteers. Nobody
says Wikipedia as a whole is a fiasco because it has a Lativan
"encyclopedia" that only contains 96 articles.  (For comparison, the
Kashubian Wikipedia started on April 1st already has 130 articles,
apparently written by 3 volunteers.) On the other hand, if the Klingon
Wikipedia does attract volunteers, it can develop into a unique
resource for people who are interested in that language, just like the
Esperanto Wikipedia has become.

In this case I don't want a vote, so I guess I'm "not a democrat",
right?

--
  Lars Aronsson (lars at aronsson.se)
  Aronsson Datateknik - http://aronsson.se/