[Wikipedia-l] Elections

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Thu May 13 16:10:52 UTC 2004

In the upcoming elections, I intend to make no comment on which
specific candidates I prefer, nor do I intend to vote in the
elections.  The "constitutional monarch" should stay out of politics,
I think.

It would please me, though, if at least 1 of the seats could be filled
by someone who is not from the United States, because we are a global
project, and there are concerns from people from time to time that we
need to reflect that fact in governance.

By my count, 8 of 11 candidates total are not from the United States.
So it is entirely possible that both seats will be non-U.S., which is
wonderful, too.

--Jimbo