[Wikipedia-l] japanese around

Tomos at Wikipedia wiki_tomos at hotmail.com
Wed May 12 20:04:33 UTC 2004

Yes, I'm around. :-)

I am an ambassador from Japanese Wikipedia. And I have been active since the
time ja. wikipedia became active. If you have any question about ja., please
let me know.

It is true that I am virtually the only japanese wikipedian who posts on
mailinglists.

I was asked by some japanese wikipedian if I would run for the board. I
might... I am still thinking. But because I am virtually the only one on
meta's English page, sourceforge's bug report section, mailing lists, and
other places speaking on behalf of Japanese wikipedians, I hesitate a bit. I
am also virtually the only person who relays news, announcements, call for
comments/ votes, etc., from outside of ja. There are other things that I do,
and not many others do, including responding to press inquiries,  in-depth
discussion of GFDL related issues, talking to Brion and Jimbo when their
attention is needed, etc.

Well, enough of bragging.

I am interested in increasing ingerlingual sharing of wikipedia experiences.
Earlier this year, I indeed shared an overview of legal discussions (past &
present) on Japanese Wikipedia. (URL:
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Tomos/Legal_discussions_on_Japanese_Wikipedia
)

Also, if you prefer communicating on Japanese Wikipedia in another language,
we have a page for you:
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Contact_us_for_non-japanese-speakers

Regards,

Tomos