[Wikipedia-l] Re: Please clarify the honorary administrator status

Tim Starling ts4294967296 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 31 05:24:08 UTC 2004

Guillaume Blanchard wrote:
> Thank you very much for explanations.
>
> I fully agree your long term view and hope we will be able to reach it a
> day.
>
> But I still don't understand why the vote for "stewards" occurs before the
> community decide theirs roles? If you really need temporary "stewards" to
> remove developers "power" as soon as possible, so create temporary rules (we
> can change it after). Personally I can't vote without knowing witch skill
> will be required for "stewards".

That was my silly fault. I had intended to work in two phases: first
nominations and discussion, then only after the nominations were all in
and the issues sorted out, voting. I failed to make this clear on the
meta page. The proposal was advertised as a vote on the English
Wikipedia and before I realised what was going on, the page had votes
all over it. I probably should have deleted everyone's votes at that
stage and written large-type messages everywhere prohibiting voting, but
you know me.

-- Tim Starling