[Wikipedia-l] Force user to choose a licence when uploading data

Andre Engels engelsAG at t-online.de
Tue Mar 16 09:10:41 UTC 2004

"Guillaume Blanchard" <gblanchard at arcsy.co.jp> schrieb:
> A license' flag for medias may be a very nice idea!
> And imho, the combo-box may be a god way to force people to choose one of
> the available licenses.

Looking at the French box, I miss a few options, though. First, CC-BY, or
even better "CC-BY or similar" for stuff that can be used freely when
attributed. Second, I would like to split PD in "PD - granted to PD" and
"PD - copyright expired". Finally, a choice "Other - specify on image page".
And indeed, the author field would also be useful.

Andre Engels