[Wikipedia-l] Re: Stop for a moment, please

Karl Eichwalder ke at gnu.franken.de
Sun Jan 25 18:56:47 UTC 2004

Michael Snow <wikipedia at earthlink.net> writes:

Thanks for your bright words!

> Wikimedia is bound to free content by the GFDL. The freedom is more
> important than the principle of democracy (which will be generally
> respected through the consensus process anyway, since so many of us
> believe in democratic government in some fashion).

I fully agree with you.  That's the point - contents is protected by the
GFDL, what might happen behind the scenes is interesting, but it is not
that important.  After all, democracy is a strong word and, sure, one
must not put bad words on it, but in the end incarnations of democracy
could be astonishing.

Democracy is good for political issues, not for writing an encyclopedia.

--
http://www.gnu.franken.de/ke/                            |   (*)/'(*)