[Wikipedia-l] foundation of a German registered association

Peter Gervai grin at tolna.net
Thu Jan 22 11:40:39 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 03:04:04AM +0100, Kurt Jansson wrote:

> The German Wikipedia community is working on setting up an
> "eingetragener Verein" (I found these translations on dict.leo.org:
[...]

> Jimbo, is this okay for you? Do you have any wishes or worries?
> The association will support all Wikimedia projects, not just Wikipedia.
> We will support the whole international project, and transfer part of
> the donations to the foundation if this is legaly possible, but focus on
> the German-speaking projects. Of course we're not planning a fork, and
> of course there is no cabal, at least not a German one.

How this association going to be related to wikimedia foundation and its
projects? Is wikimedia going to be sued based on german laws from then on? Is
your association going to be sued based on the content of any wikimedia
project, or the content of the german wikipedia?

Just thinking out loud...

Peter