[Wikipedia-l] Toolbar update

Ulrich Fuchs mail at ulrich-fuchs.de
Tue Jan 20 08:00:51 UTC 2004

> The main change is that in browsers which do not support changing a text
> selection or inserting text at the cursor (Opera and Konqueror), you now

Far better this way. With my Konqueror it works.

I don't have M$ Explorer. However, I think (as far as I have read) that there
the buttons insert things like '''bold text''' at the cursor position. What
happens, if text is selected? Does it gets overwritten with '''bold text'''
or does it result in '''selected text'''? (Because the latter is what a
newbie user would expect, from his/her experiences with standard word
processing applications) Is that implemented/implementable?

Uli