[Wikipedia-l] Toolbar update

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon Jan 19 22:15:06 UTC 2004

Hi,

there's a new version of the toolbar:

http://test.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Main_Page&action=edit

MAKE SURE TO CLEAR YOUR CACHE if you've tried it before. Otherwise you
will get the old JavaScript code.

The main change is that in browsers which do not support changing a text
selection or inserting text at the cursor (Opera and Konqueror), you now
get a textbox where a sample text is shown for each function for easy copy
and pasting. So instead of adding the text at the bottom, where you might
not notice it, it's shown right under the toolbar.

There's also a <nowiki> button now (thanks to Dori for the image), and the
toolbar should not be shown at all in any browser where JavaScript is
disabled.

The scrolling bug in Mozilla is still there, but as far as I can tell,
this is a Mozilla bug and there is no workaround. All other toolbars I've
seen have the same problem, but in ours at least the cursor is set
correctly. I consider this a minor issue and no reason to disable the
toolbar in Mozilla.

Please report any problems.

Regards,

Erik