[Wikipedia-l] New edit modus

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 19 09:24:56 UTC 2004

>May be, but should talk to the users first before enabling new
>features in the software.

Do you talk to users of the articles you edit before you edit them. I don't.
If anything I put a note on the talk page if I think that my edits may be
controversial. But most of the time I just edit.

If the developers had to talk with us each time they implement a new feature,
then MediaWiki development would grind to almost nothing. I haven't seen any
evidence that Erik acted wrongly (he announced the new feature and asked
people to test it on the test wiki before it went live - wow, what a crime!).

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)