[Wikipedia-l] Re: Wikipedia funds

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 10:44:54 UTC 2004

Magnus wrote:
>That's really one hard choice to make! ;-)

Actually any economic relationship with Amazon is going to be a politically
sensitive topic around here. This is due to the large number of people who
have an almost irrational hatred of Amazon because of their business
practices. I for one don't care, and in fact use Amazon often, but we have to
ask ourselves:

Is the money we would get worth being viewed as selling our soul to devil by a
not-insignificant number of our contributors and many in the free software
community?

I personally don't think the amount of money generated would be worth the
grief. But that is just me.

-- Daniel Mayer (aka mav)