[Wikipedia-l] German Wikipedia Inavailability/Hardware Status

Jimmy Wales jwales at bomis.com
Wed Jan 14 19:32:52 UTC 2004

Ulrich, I'm doing what I can.  I have a new server on order for Bomis,
a dual opteron, that I'm going to loan to Wikipedia when it comes in.
That server ships tomorrow, which means that Jason should have it on
Friday.  He'll install it soon after, either on the weekend if he
feels like working on the weekend (ick) or Monday.

> I've got the feeling that everyone right now is concerned with and
> waiting for the new hardware, and forgetting the one we have.

Not me!  I am doing what I can to help out.

This server will be a dual opteron 240, an Altus 1000E.  Jason will
stuff it with as much RAM as he can.  I think it will make an enormous
difference.

--Jimbo