[Wikipedia-l] Palpal in Europe

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Tue Jan 13 21:08:01 UTC 2004

Hi,

FYI.
I think that might be interesting for European people who want to make
donations.

Regards,
Yann

Subject: Information Regarding Anticipated Future European Operations
Date: Tuesday 13 January 2004 03:22
From: "PayPal Inc." <announcements-account at paypal.com>
To: "Yann Forget" <yann at forget-me.net>

Dear Yann Forget,

We would like to update you on our preparations for the anticipated future
 launch of PayPal (Europe) Ltd., a UK company, as the service provider for
 PayPal customers in the European Union.

This is a positive development that would help us provide our European
 customers with improved services to satisfy local needs, both online and
 through our new European Customer Service Centre in Dublin.

We anticipate that PayPal (Europe) Ltd. will begin operating in February
 2004, subject to receiving authorisation from the Financial Services
 Authority (FSA) in the UK. Please note, no action will be necessary on your
 part. You will be able to continue using your PayPal account as you do
 today.

Your existing relationship

Until PayPal (Europe) Ltd. starts operating, your customer relationship
 continues to be with PayPal, Inc., a US company regulated as a money
 transmitter by various states in the US, under the PayPal User Agreement
 governed by California law.

In June 2003, we applied to the UK's Financial Services Authority (FSA) for
 authorisation for PayPal (Europe) Ltd. to operate as an Electronic Money
 Institution (ELMI) in the European Union. This process is still in progress.

A new customer relationship

With the introduction of our new UK company, your customer relationship would
 automatically reside with PayPal (Europe) Ltd. instead of PayPal, Inc. We
 would also introduce a new User Agreement and Privacy Policy, similar to the
 current agreements but without US-specific references and modified to comply
 with UK financial services and consumer protection requirements.

While this transition is at least 30 days away, we encourage you to:

understand your rights and obligations. Please preview the PayPal (Europe)
 Ltd. User Agreement and Privacy Policy

learn about the key changes and how they may affect you. Please visit the
 PayPal (Europe) Ltd. FAQs page as well as the Policy Updates section for
 more details.

If you do not wish to hold a PayPal (Europe) Ltd. account and would prefer to
 continue your relationship with PayPal, Inc., you may only do so if your
 primary address in your PayPal account, as of 1 February 2004, is a
 legitimate postal address within the United States.

If your primary address is not in the United States and you do not wish to
 receive services from PayPal (Europe) Ltd., you may close your account at
 any time, either before or after the transition. To do so, log in to your
 PayPal account and click 'Profile' to access the relevant link.

As we await authorisation from the FSA, we wish to inform you in advance of
 our plans and how these may affect you. We will notify you of further
 developments in the coming weeks. Until then, thank you for using PayPal.

Yours sincerely,

PayPal, Inc.

- --
http://www.non-violence.org/ | Site collaboratif sur la non-violence