[Wikipedia-l] Developers needed!

Benedikt Mandl benedikt.mandl at gmx.at
Mon Aug 23 17:53:03 UTC 2004

I totally disagree; I am sure that a lot of information will be overlapping
and therefore, the two projects should remain connected. Nevertheless, a
species directory would serve a different purpose than the wikipedia as such
and have a significantly different structure (as seen in the draft at my
last e-mail) to allow highly specific search functions.

I already got a lot of supportive e-mails by a range of people - and that is
eventually what counts for a wiki project, to my understanding. There is a
need for an extensive species directory, and I will keep asking for support!

Benedikt

> --- "James R. Johnson" <modean52 at comcast.net> wrote:
>
> > I'm all for it - sounds pretty cool.  Could there possibly be redirects
> from
> > the Wikipedia to the Wikispecies, or vice versa?  Then Wikispecies could
> > hold all the species info, and free up wikipedia space for other stuff
> > (don't know what, but it could).  Would it be like current wikis as in
> > en.wikispecies.org, de.wikispecies.org, ang.wikispecies.org?
>
> Absolutely not! Wikipedia is the place to have articles on species - not a
> separate project.
>
> -- mav

Supergünstige DSL-Tarife + WLAN-Router für 0,- EUR*
Jetzt zu GMX wechseln und sparen http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl